Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Strangely Appropriate~~

OK! Well I caved and decided to borrow a fun thing from some of you and post my top five ipod songs on shuffle. I was amazed how close they hit home. It's a little spooky! Anyway, without much adieu...........

1)The song for the you that existed before you ever thought about your fertility: Conversations with my 13 year old Self -Pink
This is strange because I had problems at a very young age and my gyn had told me that I would have trouble getting pregnant. Since I wasn't trying at such a young age I ignored it and ended up pregnant at 19. Now that I want to get pregnant I can't~~ Sucks!
2)Would you really want to go back and be that person again?
Runaway-Pink
Not really, I was young when I was first told I would have problems but apparently the problems were getting pregnant as a grown adult instead of a child!
3)The song for when you first started fertility treatments:
Back in the Day-Christina Aguilera
If you count OPK's then it has been almost a year. I know many people have tried for much longer but this has been one of the longest years of my LIFE!!!
4)What did infertility do to your sex life?
Damn Girl-Justin Timberlake
That one cracked me up!!!! How appropriate was that!! I keep telling Hubby that the dog has taken my libido and buried in the back yard somewhere!! HAHAHA!!
5)What about superstitions and fertility rituals?
Glamorous-Fergie
Not sure about this one!! The life of the infertile is by far not a glamorous one! However it did make me think about something someone said to me once... She and I were talking about the expenses of IVF and she said, "Be Glad that you and your husband have good jobs so you can afford the treatments!" While that is true I would have quite the GLAMOROUS life spoiling my baby rotten!!!! Then again it repeats over and over in the song,"If you ain't got no money take your broke ass home!" Boy how true it that!!!!

Well, That's That!! Interesting huh!! I thought so!
Take care and I am praying for you all!
(((huggs)))
A

1 comment:

Mary Ellen and Steve said...

I keep meaning to do this one. Its so funny how songs can realte so much to what we are going through.