Monday, June 25, 2007

Here's the Update (sorry its long)

Well Girlies so sorry that I haven't kept you updated. I have been on Bed rest since Monday and Friday they gave me a get out of jail free card for the weekend. I haven't seen my parents in a couple of months so we travel the 4 hours away to see them. I had to tell them what was up since I look about 4 months along already. I even had to go buy some pants because the ones I packed didn't fit. One good thing about all this it has given me a reason to go shopping. Anywho, I have been downing the protein. RE says that protein is the only thing that absorbs all the fluid being retained in the ovaries (sort of like an osmosis thing the way he explained it to me) so I have had about 100g of protein as well as about 5 Gatorade's a day all week.
Come Wednesday (which was day 5) I was good to go for transfer. I couldn't believe it, I felt like I won the lottery. I have rested and consumed vast amounts of protein and electrolytes and my body responded! So we transferred 2 beautiful expanded blasts and froze 11. So I feel like this will give hubs and I all the children we had planned for as well as give someone else the opportunity from the frozen. I felt like super woman.
So back to the weekend, very excited, I still have the sore boobs and all the other stuff, but my stomach feels tight and hard right below my belly button. Babies?? Ovaries?? Babies??? Ovaries??? Gas?? Huh! I guess I will know soon enough. Beta is Friday!
Then I did it!!!!! The dreaded POAS!!!! I sent hubs to the store since it would look strange for a obviously pregnant woman buying a pregnancy test?? (Raise eyebrow) So back he came with the ever faithful 3pack! I am trying to stay positive. I am only 5days post transfer. And it wasn't fresh first morning pee, but the test was single lined. Not even a hint. I am very down and not wanting to face the world and I just want to crawl under my covers until Friday! Do you think I could get a dr excuse for this week too?? Needless to say I am thinking I will be an FET next month and hoping to beat the odds for once. Well, Meerkat Manor is on and those little guys make me giggle. Hope all is well with you guys I am still praying for you all.
(((huggs)))
A

1 comment:

Mary Ellen and Steve said...

It's still really early A. Don't give up yet. Fingers crossed for you.