Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Strange News!

Well, I wish it was news about me but I just found out that my best friend from childhood is pregnant. Now normally this would be the time where I scream in my pillow and cry, but this is a good thing and I am sure you all would agree. She is a now former IFer having endured 6 IVF cycles and got pregnant on her own!!! Yep you heard it, on her own! She gave up three years ago after a long almost 3 year struggle with ART. So props for BFF and wish long and happy pregnancy! On another note, feeling off and on crampy. One minute I am discouraged thinking I am about to start my period and the next nothing for hours. Same with my lower back, achy like I need to lay on my heating pad (which I do every time AF visits) and then poof gone. Boobs are heavy and sore and a tad bit itchy. ITCHY? I think that is a new one for me. Scared to POAS again as it brought me down way to close to depression. So now I have a question for you. POAS or not POAS? I want to be prepared and not blindsided by the results. Help. I know many of you have been here before so I need advice.
(((huggs))) for you all (those that respond and those who don't)
A

4 comments:

ellie said...

I don't do the poas-- and my clinic makes me go through 2 blood tests before they tell me the results. I sort of figure that there isn't anything I can do about the results so I might as well go through the process. Yeah, I probably am a bit of a freak... but I try to control so much during the other stuff that this I don't bother with-- and I show zero symptoms so looking for those does nothing to help me. I just take the 2 weeks and try to think about other stuff and get my life back figuring that regardless of the answer I pretty much need to get back into the swing of lify anyhow. Good Luck!

Samantha said...

Just catching up. What a great number of quality embryos you got! I'm very happy for you and that you body responded to the protein and the gatorade. It's too early to POAS, so don't let your negative get you down. See if you can wait a little longer.

I've had itchy boobs too, no idea what that means, maybe from the progesterone?!

Mary Ellen and Steve said...

I say forget the pee sticks, not that I am one to talk, but they are bad news. Wait for the beta if you can.

Jo said...

I always had to know..and I was a PSW : )
It really depends on what type of person you are. Do you want to know? Ae you afraid to POAS in case it is negative?
You need to decide that one for yourself.
It is depressing to know before hand, ut it was better for me then having a breakdown at work.
I always prpare for the worst, so I can be surprised if it is better..
Hugs to you !!